The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly

This was one of the best lawyer thrillers I've read (mostly because I've read only John Grisham and he gets tiresome). I can easily see why this book was translated into a movie; the ending of it reads like it was written to be a movie. Other than that, it was interesting to read how criminal defense attorneys twist the law in so many different ways. I suppose it helps keep our justice system honest, but it sure seems wrong when someone commits a crime and everyone knows it but they let the guy go free because of a legal technicality. The book had no explicit sex, and little obscene language, which surprised me. Even the violence at the end of the book didn't seem overdone. Overall, it was a good read. Maybe I'll rent the movie when it comes out on DVD.

Comments

Popular Posts