The Last Thing I Remember by Andrew Klavan

This was on the list for teen reads this year. . .and it's a really good "action" story. The blurb on the back compared it to the TV show called "24," and I can see the resemblance. Charlie West is the central character in this book (like the Jack Bauer hero in the TV show), a guy who is sure to appeal to both boy and girl readers. The opening scene is a bit harsh (considering the bad guys are about to kill Charlie after torturing him), but the ensuing scenes are a real adrenaline rush. I like the way Charlie's flashbacks fill in the story while creating suspense. I was disappointed at the end because I didn't realize the book was a series. . .and the ending leaves you hanging, with no closure for this story arc. I doubt I read the rest of the series--I prefer a good spy book by Nelson DeMille or Tom Clancy.

Comments

Popular Posts