People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks

What a terrific book! I loved the thorough research, and Brooks' imagination is incredible. I also liked the way the story unfolded in reverse chronological time, but interspersed with "today." I found all the characters to be well rounded. Their stories were well fleshed out, even if it was only for one chapter. The central character, Hannah, was also interesting, although her relationship with her mother and Ozman was a bit distracting. It helped develop her personality, but I was more interested in the "people of the book" than I was in her as the narrator.

Comments

Brooke said…
I absolutely LOVE this book. It is frightening to really think that parents could ever let their children live like that. The only thing I wish that Walls would have done, is clarify the ages of everyone. I'd read and the children would jump in ages by a few years. That confused me a little bit.
Brooke said…
sorry wrong blog :PPPP

Popular Posts