The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

What an interesting point of view to take! The narrator of this book has been murdered, and she is telling the story as she watches from heaven. Her death was violent and brutal, and the plot focuses on how her family tries to cope with her death. Since her body is never found (her killer cut her body into little pieces and disposed of her bones), her family does not really have much closure. Toward the end of the book, I thought the story got a little "out there," but it could be because I had already written the end in my head and it didn't turn out like I thought it would. Buried deep in my brain is the memory of having read excerpts from this book a long time ago, but I am quite sure I did not read the entire book. It isn't the type story you would ever forget.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I do the same thing when I read. :) But I suppose it's a sign of a good author when the ending isn't predictable.

On another note, I recently read "I sat down by the river piedra and wept"(or something along those lines) by Paolo Coelho. I found it very interesting and I recommend it if you haven't already read it.

Popular Posts