My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult

I loved this book. It is about a 13 year old girl whose parents conceived her in order to be a matched donor for her older sister who is dying of a rare form of leukemia. Anna, the 13 year old girl, decides she does not want to be a donor anymore and takes her parents to court. The book is told from various view points of each character. At first, I wanted to hate the mother, but then she told the story from her point of view, and I changed my mind. I don't want to tell you much more about the book since it would spoil the ending. However, I can say that it is one of the few books I've ever read where I did not see the ending coming at all. About midway through the book I had decided how the book would probably end, which may be one reason why the end was such a shock when it didn't turn out as I expected (that should teach me!).

There are a few naughty words in the book, but it is certainly acceptable reading for high school students. It may never be on the list of "great literature", but it's a pretty enjoyable read.

Comments

Reba Colley said…
what are the ages of the girls? how many stars would you give it?
Anonymous said…
awwww.. I read that book too. It sad but sort of refreshing even though that girl dies.

Popular Posts